Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Guess You Could Call Me a Night Owl

   Here it is, almost 2 AM here in Texas and I'm starting a new project! I finished 1 1/2 projects today, I say that because I am still working on one fingerless glove. I finished one glove, and I finished the bolero. Now I am starting a slouchy hat in Cherry Red. I cast on, on my size 7 circulars, and have been knitting away for about 45 minutes now. Since receiving my circular needle interchangeable set, I have acquired some new knitting skills. I have learned to do the following, today...

  • sk2p
  • ssk
  • knit in the round
  • p1tbl
  • k1tbl
   Excuse my organization obsessions, please! :D I knew that with knitting it was going to be more challenging than crocheting because...

  • there are 2 needles, instead of 1 hook
  • there are tons, and tons more stitches to learn
  • you have to pay more attention
  • you have to have more patience
   The patience part I had to work on today, there was just no way that I could cast on another 351 stitches for that darn shawl. I think that pattern will be sitting in my pattern notebook for awhile, until I can master, or as close as mastering as I can get to, knitting. It is a lot of stitches and I don't think that, with the limited amount of stitches I know, and the amount of learning I am doing as I go along through each and every pattern I am knitting, that I can tackle that big of a project yet.

   I am still trying to figure out what I want to knit with my SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock, because i know that you don't just have to knit socks with it! It's super soft and I want whatever I knit with it to turn out muy perfecto! Well, goodnight everyone! Going to knit a while more before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment