Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week: Day 1

 

   For my house in knitting and crochet blog week, I have chosen the house of bee because I just seem to feel as if I "fit in" in this house. I am exactly as the house description says so, I am drawn to bright and shiney things that strike my interest, and I always have more than one project going on, since I fly through them.

   My Crafting Outlook, though simple, to me seems more than it may to others. I don't just knit and crochet because "I can, because"I want to," or because "I like it." I craft these things for a sense of accomplishment, a sense of completion, a sense of overcoming a challenge! Don't get me wrong, I have frogged, or passed on many projects, they went to knit and crochet Heaven for say. But more often than not, I complete projects. Finishing an object puts a big 'ole smile on my face. I show it off for days, talk about it for days. It's jsut one of those things that brings out my inner happiness.
   I know that, from experience that people ask, "Why do you knit/crochet?" All I have to say is, it's a natural, given talent, and I've known since I was about 9 or 10 that I wanted to do it!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely post ! I love what you say about doing it because your ike it ! I decided to join the house of bee too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in your House too! I can relate to your joy in casting off another FO, it is such a rush to finish something that was captivating and slightly challenging. I look forward to reading more of your crafting experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have someone like me! I'm glad you enjoyed my post! Looking forward to hear more from you!

      Delete
  3. aww your post is really lovely :D I think it's nice to admit our failures but to feel pride in all our finished objects. Have a great KCBW xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! That's exactly how I feel, I mean, everyone has flaws, no matter how minor. Why not admit them in a good way! :) You also have a great KCBW :)

      Delete
  4. Completing a project is a wonderful feeling and I love how you emphasized that in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put how you feel very eloquently....your post made me smile....I also am a bee....

    ReplyDelete