Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Book and Some Needles

     A few of you may have noticed that the name of my blog has changed. I promise, it's for a good reason. I've been reading so much more lately, now that I'm working from home again, and I feel the need to share my thoughts and input with others. I read mostly YA fiction, but I dabble in Fiction and Non-fiction as well. When I started this blog in 2014, it was meant to be an online journal of sorts, about my life and my family, and our adventures. It did start out that way, but over the last year or so (when I was actually posting) my main focus has been books and knitting/crafting. Hence the name, A Book and Some Needles.
     Books and knitting, both are my zen. My happy place, my oasis. I learned to knit in 2012 and really took to it. I still have the first thing I knit, a Blues Infinity Scarf by Jenny Withrow, which I still wear every winter. I've evolved majorly over the last two years. I've knit sweaters and shawls, socks and mittens, and more hats than I can count on both hands! I learned to spin and sew, and I feel like knowing these skills will most definitely be something to be thankful for down the line.
     I hope that seeing more book reviews doesn't bother anyone, but if it does, I'm sorry but this is my blog and the book reviews are part of it, of me and who I am. There will still be What I'm Reading Tuesdays, WIP Wednesdays, FO Fridays, and sometimes even Making Mondays if I happen to make something scrumptious that I want to share. Maybe not every week, maybe not even once a month, but I will still share my knitting with you all, even if it happens to coincide with my book reviews.

We also have an Instagram account and a Facebook page now, if you would like to follow there as well. I post all updates to both places as soon as a review or post goes live!

Instagram - @ABookAndSomeNeedles


No comments:

Post a Comment