Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What I'm Reading Tuesday

     Welcome to today's edition of What I'm Reading Tuesday! This edition will include, books that I'm ready to be done with and books that I keep starting and restarting because I just can't seem to read an e-Library book until the last days before it's due.


     I've been reading Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl for a couple of weeks now. I am honestly so ready for this book/series to be over and I still have one book and a spin off series to read to get the whole story. Now, I am NOT a quitter. I have never not finished a series, no matter how awful, and I don't plan to start now. Lena and Ethan are still fighting Sarafine and Abraham and there have been few plot twists in this book to keep my interest. I am within the last fifty pages and I still have not finished it.


     Now, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, the movie is coming out soon and now the book has become very popular since I first tried to read it this summer on our cruise. I don't exactly know what it is about the book... but it hasn't really caught me yet, if you know what I mean. I love creepy stuff, not scary, just creepy. But the last part I got to was when Jacob entered the time loop. I'm going to start the book over again to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything.

Finally, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, I have no excuse for this. No legitimate excuse anyway. I had fourteen days to read this book and waited until the last two to even start it. Now, I have 42 hours until it goes back to the e-Library this time. Yes, this is the second time I've checked it out. I am one of that small percentage who has not read the Harry Potter series. *Audience gasps* Yes, you heard me correctly. I have never read the Harry Potter series, and honestly, the only reason that I'm reading them now is because The Cursed Child came out and I may read it. My aunt has read the books and listened to the audio books many times over, and my brother read the entire series in a school year while he was in elementary school. I do believe that the books, so far, are better than the movies when it comes down to details. We shall see how long it takes me to finish the series.

     I will get through these books, be it this week or a year from now, they will eventually be finished. I would love to know what you all are reading this week. What are your thoughts on your current read? Do you have recommendations for my to-read list?

No comments:

Post a Comment