Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Designing, Harder Than I Thought...

So last night, I brought out my designing again. I had gotten confuzzled and frustrated on what I wanted to design and how I wanted it to look. I got The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Patterns and started looking through all of the beautiful patterns. First I decided on #15, a slanted look of double crochets that form rhombus' between them, but I just couldn't get my stitches to look right, obviously.. It just looks like rectangles between stitches. Was I supposed to crochet tighter or something? I used a H hook!!
I eventually decided on using a different stitch pattern, I fell in love with this gorgeous pattern. #88, it's a simple shell pattern with a slight twist. It starts to look even more gorgeous as I am crocheting it on my bolero/shrug. I think that it will have a fit body and fit sleeves up to about the elbow, then start adding some increases to make the sleeves fuller at the bottom. If that doesn't work, then it's straight sleeves for me. I am loving designing my own pattern and can't wait 'til I see the finished pattern on a person, published online and for many people to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment