Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Lila, My First Shawl

   Last night I cast on Lila, a gorgeous, free, shawl pattern I found on Ravelry.com. Got to about row 2, it took a long time considering I cast on 351 stitches. Then this morning, I was reading through the pattern and realized I had overlooked the "ssk" before row 1... the first stitch and I missed it! How could that even happen?! Well it did, so this morning I ripped everything out and cast on 351 stitches again, placing stitch markers every 50 stitches to make sure I didn't lose count. Now, 11 hours later, I am almost done with row 4. I'm sure for you long time knitters out there, that's probably way too long to get to row 4, but I will say, it takes a long time! It's turning out very cute though! I thought I just might fill you in on my first shawl I'm knitting :) Now to "Keep calm and knit on" and listen to my poor puppy have bad dreams. This will be my last post for today, so goodnight all and I will be posting again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment