Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Multicolored Star Beanie Pattern and I Dream of Sheepies

   Later on, my pattern for a Multicolored Star Beanie will be needing testers. I am still writing it up and working on the grading, thanks to my math wiz side. But... if you are interested in being a tester, please PM me on ravelry ( jordyndunaway ) The pattern is knitted, all other info such as materials and yarn will be shown in the pattern. Hopefully, the pattern will be rough drafted and ready for testing in a week or two.

   On another note, I have told you and told you again, that behind mine and my families apartment, there are a herd of sheep. A pretty good sized herd too! Probably about 10 sheep and 5 lamb. 2 of the sheep are pregnant too! I was out there looking at them late yesterday afternoon and noticed that they have their wool coat falling off in places. At first we all thought that, since some of them were bare, that the owners' were in the process of getting them all shaved for the summer months. Does their wool really just fall off? I guess so! I have been researching about owning and caring for a sheep for a while now for multiple reasons.

  1. I want to have sheep(s) when we get a house.
  2. I can make my own yarn out of their wool coat.
  3. I can dye fiber.
  4. It will be (thankfully) cheaper than going out and buying wool yarn. (Except for the feed and care stuff)
   I even saw a video of someone giving a sheep a bath and one of people shearing the sheep! Oh my, I really want a sheep. I would post a picture of the sheep, but my dog chewed my computer cord for my phone. Yes it was on the desk, but also, yes she can jump.
   I finished Steven's beanie today, I'm thinking of going back and changing it up a bit later on though. Now I'm finishing Jack's beanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment