Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday and Just a Bit More

   I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have lots to share! Last week, I was supposed to have finished my Garden View Shawlette.... Sadly enough, I ran out of yarn on the 5th leaf. I only had 1 1/2 leaves left! Luckily, the gorgeous handspun/hand dyed yarn was created by a friend and I am going to get more this Saturday and of course finish the dear shawlette.
   I have been working hard on my Leaf Evolution Mystery Shawl KAL, it's turning out beautifully! I am using Sweet Georgia fingering weight in the colorway Tourmaline. In case you're wondering, the book I am reading while I knit is Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt. A great book so far, I recommend it!



   I have been "challenged" to knit my friend a sweater before either Christmas or her birthday next April. I am going to do an Off the Shoulder Pullover by Vladimir Teriokhin in Red Heart Super Saver "Amethyst." Both is what she chose. I have only knit 3 rows on it in 1x1 rib, so I didn't think it was worth taking a picture of just yet...
   Slowly but surely, I am working to get more motifs on my Snowflakes Throw for my mom. I added 3 yesterday! :)
   Prom was last Thursday and I had a blast! I have a great mom who organized it and put it all on for me and any other homeschoolers who wanted to come. :) It was a great night full of laughter, friendship, music, food and dancing! Hopefully, I'll get to go again next year! The next day and the rest of the weekend after prom, me and Miracle hung out, mostly at home, but at the pool as often as we could. We had a blast! Hopefully, I'll have an FO to show you, if not, I will for sure next week!

2 comments:

  1. she must be a really great friend for you to knit her a sweater, that's a huge commitment!

    Also, Homeschoolers represent! My mom organized my proms too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a commitment, considering I'm a polygamist knitter... Can't have only one project going.

      Awesome to hear that there's more homeschoolers :D

      Delete