Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Tomorrow is... Tour de Fleece 2013!

   I am so excited! Tomorrow is the first day of Tour de Fleece 2013! This will be my first year, and boy, am I looking forward to it! I have my spindle ready, and 5 new batts of fiber! I took some better pictures than what I posted yesterday.. I stole our new tortoise's light for a few minutes (picture at the end ^.^ )

My shetland wool that I have been working on, there's not much left, the rest is going to be navajo plied! :) I've been spinning like crazy this week!





Enchanted Knoll Farms, Queen Mermaid, 4 oz (the tag says 7 but the lady I got it from had it posted that there was 4), blues and greens with white, wool, silk, recycled sari silk, sparkles


Enchanted Knoll Farm, "Fern," 4 oz, a frosty green with white, unknown fiber content


Enchanted Knoll Farm, Cotswold, 4oz (2 oz ea.) black


I braided this one last night, mainly so that I could play with it :) Enchanted Knoll Farms, mystery blend, 2 oz, reds, greens, blues


  So, I have about 14 oz to work with for this summer, and I will be receiving more. I am definitely looking forward to it! I am in one team, my team, Team All in One 2013. I would love to spin with you!



And last, but certainly not least..... meet Turbo, my boyfriend's new baby Leopard Tortoise, that gets to live at my house along with his other two Russian Tortoises, Lilly and Navy. Turbo does live in a separate enclosure, due to Navy being a "dominant male" and Turbo is too small to be messed around with too harshly. He is about 2 inches in length and very, very active. He got stuck in his water bowl today, because he climbed into it. He has a UVB and UVA light so that he can.... well, I don't exactly know why... I'd have to ask Steven... I have a feeling that there's going to be a tortoise farm in my house one day... 


   I am so excited for tomorrow, I will definitely be posting a lot the next month! Be watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment