Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Some Better Pictures of My Sewing

   So I have posted some pictures of my sewing, but not in the best lighting. So today, before it started raining, I went out and took some pictures! The drawstring bags aren't finished, I have to get some ribbon or drawstring to finish them up. And my first couple of projects are very "fringey." You know, beginner sewing, loose threads, frayed edges... etc. So the drawstring bags are really my best work! I will hopefully be getting a Hobby Lobby trip in sometime this weeked, it might have to be a walmart trip because their fat quarters are cheaper..



First project was a zippered box bag using Craft Gemini's Zippered Box Pouch Tutorial on YouTube. Holds the Camo Socks, (yarn, socks, size 2 dpn, and yarn ball band)

Secong is a DPN roll case, which I will try again to make a lot better. Holds of course my DPNs. I used a tutorial from the OhSewCrafty blog.


inside...
 flap down...

flap up..

   Drawstring bags, without the drawstrings.. 2 fishy ones, 13" by 13" one holds my spinning (fiber, singles, drop spindle) the other holds essentials for making motifs for Mommy's blanket. (yarn, size I hook, darning needles, and scissors)

Stripy drawstring, without the drawstring, 11" by 15" I use it for the sweater I am working on. (sweater pieces, yarn [I'm out of the yarn right now] and size 7 21" circular needles)

   I plan on making lots more drawstring bags, because they are quick, easy, and convienent. The zippered bags willl keep coming so that I can get better at them, and the DPN cases will do the same. All will eventually appear in my shop, I think the drawstring bags will make an appearance first... custom orders will be accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment