Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Where Has the Time Gone

   My goodness... I haven't posted since Wednesday?! How is that even possible? I've had so much to talk about and not a single blog post? Well, let's get one in! Fist of all, Tour de Fleece is going great! I finished the Shetland wool and I am now working on the Enchanted Knoll Farm "Queen Mermaid." I think I've spun about 1 oz. so far... I am going to spin 1 oz into singles, then spin another oz into singles, and ply them.




   Abby really likes the fiber, she just has to stick her whole head in the bag.


   This a ball of the bits and pieces that my dog didn't eat... Today, she took my drop spindle and the fiber I was spinning (what was left of the first 1 oz.) and ate the fiber.... These are the pieces I could find. Abby says "Don't worry, I'll protect them."


   Second, is sewing! I am so excited! I made a small Hobby Lobby purchase yesterday and got zippers, interfacing and some fat quarters. I finished a small project bag yesterday! It turned out very nice for being my first sewing project. It's holding the Camo Socks. Speaking of that project, I lost 2 of my size 2 dpn. They were in the packaging too! I put them somewhere and now I can't figure out where! Luckily I'm only using 3 right now though. And I finished one of the socks! Yay!




   I am working on another sewing project now, I am almost done with it. It's a DPN roll case, the tutorial is from here. The box bag tutorial I used was from here.

The inside....

The exterior...

The ties.....

   I can't wait to see the finished project! I should be finished today at some point!

   Here is the long lost pullover, which has gotten some love this week, I'm about 7-9 rows from the armhole shaping. I need to see how big a sweater project bag is... I need to make one...

Abby likes to give my things love today.

   Well, all is spoken for for this week! I will be posting again soon! Oh, one more thing...

Happy belated 4th of July everyone, this is what I did all day on Thursday..

No comments:

Post a Comment