Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Mostly a Spinning Post

  Though I haven't been posting often, I promise I am not lacking in knitting and spinning. I have been working furiously on the Casablanca, Crocodile Stitch Baby Booties, Baby Sweater, and now a pair of Vanilla socks. The crocodile stitch botties and vanilla socks are both for a trade, so they are my obligation crafting right now. When the obligation crafting isn't going on, I am either working on Casablanca, which is almost half way done, or spinning the Corriedale I recieved.





    When did I recieve Corriedale? Have I aquired a secret fiber stash since I last wrote a non WIPW/FOF post? Well, I wouldn't say "Stash" nor would I say "secret." Although I have aquired Some 100% Corriedale batts and today I recieved an Alpaca batt. There is more alpaca fiber coming, but I am not sure when yet. Anyways... I dyed up some of the Corriedale, one day when I got back from my dad's in Pink, Lime, and a pink/purple/baby blue gradient. The color has faded alot. It (the gradient) did not keep the color like I hoped it would after I rinsed it. The blue faded into a pale, ice blue and the purple into a pastel purple. The pink, so far has kept most of its color. I did dye it with food coloring, so I didn't expect it to stay. But we'll see how it turns out.
Here it is in it's first recieved form.

Gradient Dyed Spinning

Dyed (Lime color)

   I did my first navajo ply last week, and it turned out pretty nice! It's Enchanted Knoll Farm in the "Fern" colorway, it's 54.4 yd. I haven't measured WPI yet, so I don't know what the weight is.


   Until, next time, be watching for Episode 9 of the Podcast, and check out the Heads and Toes KAL/CAL going on in the ravelry group!

No comments:

Post a Comment