Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ready for the New Year!

   Well, 2013 is almost over and I've been thinking about what I would like my new year's resolutions to be. I've thought long and hard and  have come up with some knitting and non-knitting resolutions, or goals if you will.

  1. Knit at least 2 sweaters/cardigans for myself. 
This goal will probably consist of frogging my Cable Hugger because the fit I got was way too loose. Yes, I am almost completely finished with it, only a cable band, collar and a sleeve away, but it's a fitted garment that just isn't fitted.

   2. Spin for socks.

I have heard that handspun hand knit socks are even more amazing than just hand knit socks, so I'd like to try it out for myself.

   3. Spin for a sweater.

I know, it's a big goal. But I have about 10 oz of Corriedale wool that I have been trying to find something to spin it for. White isn't usually a color that I would wear, due to me being attracted to messes, but I'm sure I can dye it.

   4. Read from my reading list.

Okay, here is where I list all of the books I want to read....
  • The Friday Night Knitting Club series by Kate Jacobs (The Friday Night Knitting Club, Knit Two, Comfort Food, & Knit the Season)
  • Books 13-20 in the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich
  • Nicholas Sparks Books (The Lucky One, The Notebook, Dear John, The Last Song, A Walk to Remember)
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockette
   5. Finish my college classes.

I'd also like to share what I got for Christmas :) They're all amazing gifts!

Knitting buttons
 A super handy project bag
 Knitting needles, and a needle roll
 An awesome t-shirt!
And my favorite of all, A BALL WINDER! I've wanted one for so long! 

This is just some of the amazing things I got, everything was amazing! :) 

I'd love to hear what your resolutions/goals are for 2014! I hope you all had great holidays, and Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment