Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Book Review: Top Secret Twenty-One by Janet Evanovich



Top Secret Twenty-One (Stephanie Plum #21)
Janet Evanovich
Fiction - Mystery
354 Pages

     I'm not even going to bother with explaining the characters and their roles in this book because frankly, after twenty-one books, you already know them. To say the least, I'm ready for this series to be done. Stephanie just needs to marry Joe, like we all know she's going to, and quit her bounty hunting job. I'm not saying that she can't be a married woman and still work, but I don't think that's her personality. She's already emotional, always looking over her shoulder and worrying about Morelli, all of that will just multiply tenfold when she's actually "tied down."
     I did enjoy the first few books of this series, but honestly, after the first...I don't know, five? It gets so repetitive, there's no point in reading the book because you know that she's going to catch the major FTA and at least thee smaller FTA's. The only thing that seems to be progressing at all is Stephanie and Joe's relationship. Though they're on again/off again, you always know that they're going to get back together and they're going to eventually get married.
     I gave this book three stars. It's an easy read, good for when you're in a reading rut and need something quick, but the series is no longer on my "must read as soon as they're released" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment