Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Book Review: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo



Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1)
Leigh Bardugo
YA - Fantasy
462 Pages

     I won't lie, I did not finish this book...Yet? I am undecided as to if I will finish it or not. Six of Crows had such rave reviews that I felt the need to pick it up and read it immediately. I couldn't get into it, the writing was great and it sounded like the plot of a heist to kidnap the man who invented the most deadly Grisha drug would be very interesting. I felt that I had a hard time relating to the characters, and honestly, I only really liked Nina and Mathias' relationship. The characters, to me, did not play off of each other very well, though they were very thoroughly and descriptively written. You could clearly see each character's personality, but they were all so different, and the point of view switched so often, that I just had a hard time keeping up. 
     Maybe I will pick this book up again one day, but probably not any time soon. I am thinking about picking up the first book in the Grisha trilogy to see if that is more my speed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment