Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Life / Book / Knitting Update

     As I sit here and write this, I am at work. Since I last posted on here in March, I have had two jobs, graduated high school and started college. (Officially as of next Tuesday, but I've already cracked open my textbooks.)

     I guess we'll start with the jobs. I started working at one of the local hotels towards the end of March until the end of June. I won't get into the specifics here, but I quit. At the end of July, I started working at the other local hotel, which is where I currently write to you from. I really enjoyed the hotel environment and wanted to stay with it. My new boss is great, and totally accommodates my schedule and being a student. Down side? I'm a night auditor. This basically means I come in at 11PM and clean up, run the end of day reports at 4AM and then have breakfast out between 5-6AM. Not many people check in after midnight so I get a lot of time to read, knit, and study.

    Graduation was pretty great! My mom surprised me and had the party at our family reunion so that everybody could be there. It had been in the works for months and I had absolutely no idea!

     I start college on Tuesday, August 29th. I've already taken two semester's worth of classes, but the college I'm at right now didn't accept most of them so I'm still considered a freshman. This semester I'm taking Biology for Science Majors w/lab, Essentials of Lifespan Development(Psychology), Interpersonal Communication (Speech), and College Algebra. I'm pretty excited, I've already gotten through the first chapter of my speech and psychology textbooks, and my biology textbook should be here Friday. I didn't buy an algebra textbook because it wasn't required and I wasn't spending $300 on a book I wasn't going to need.

     As for reading, since this blog is primarily reading and knitting, I've finished 15 books since I last posted a "Finished Reading Friday." I'm working on reviews tonight as well, but here's a list of what I've finished.

  1. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Audiobook)
  2. Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee (Audiobook)
  3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  4. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
  5. Marked by PC & Kristin Cast
  6. Betrayed by PC & Kristin Cast
  7. The Siren by Kiera Cass
  8. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
  9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  10. Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
  11. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
  12. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas
  13. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  14. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
  15. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
     Books I'm reading (currently and just haven't finished.)
  1. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
  2. The Diviners by Libba Bray
  3. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot (Audiobook)
  4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  5. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
  6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor 
  7. Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid
     Knitting Update:
     The last time I posted a finished object was in November, so I'll share from there! Links go to my Ravelry project pages so that you can see photos!

Finished Projects

  1. Monster Longies by Kristine Jorskogen 
  2. Matching hat
  3. Three Ponytail Hats (I didn't take photos of the other two)
  4. Vanilla Socks out of Sara's Texture Crafts yarn (Didn't get an FO photo, but there's a progress shot.)
  5. Vans style baby sneakers by Showroom crochet
  6. Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder
  7. Exploration Station by Stephen West
  8. Tube Socks in Paton's Kroy "Singin' the Blues"
  9. Socks in Knit Picks Felici "Soft Serve"
  10. Flax by TinCanKnits (I'm such a horrible friend, this baby was born over a month ago...)
  11. Breezy Cardigan by Hannah Fettig 
     I won't even list my WIPs because I know I won't get them all. Check my Rav page for a good idea. 

That's all for now, folks. I'll try to remember this little corner of the internet more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment