Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

KAL Day 2: Cast On!

   Today, let's all cast on and begin our Garden View Shawl! I would love for everyone to complete at least 5-10 rows today, because if we do 5-10 rows a day, we can reach our goal of 2 1/2 leaves a week! :) I got confused on a few parts in the beginning, so I had to start taking notes. Beside each row, I put the number of stitches that should be on the needles and realized it goes up by 3 stitches each row (due to yos) until the decreases start. I'm pretty sure you more experienced knitters out there won't have very much trouble out of the pattern, but as a beginner, that's just what I did and it helped me a lot! I will say, I've had to tick back many many times because the stitch count was not adding up. I've done about 10 rows in the picture, just to give a feel to what it will start to look like. Don't forget to head on over to the Ravelry Group and join in on there too!


No comments:

Post a Comment