Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Button Bleakness

    First I want to say, just because buttons are pretty, don't buy them if you haven't looked at your pattern to see what size you need. Yes, I know, it's common sense, but I didn't even want to think that these buttons would be too big.  They were so pretty! So 97 cents later, they were mine. My guess is you want to see what buttons I am talking about... so here ya go.



   These are size 22mm Le Bouton tan buttons. They are so pretty, they look like they have varying black and brown stripes, and I love them! But the pattern I was needing buttons for, Crocodile Stitch Baby Booties, called for size 12mm. I hadn't even looked at that part until after I got home! I totally regret that!

A couple days later, Saturday to be exact, I bought some teal 12mm buttons. The buttons totally clashed with the yarn I used in the project! And the buttons are....


   Do you see the size difference? Yea, I was way off... but, again this was another "Ooh Pretty!" purchase. I thought that the teal color would be very flattering with the yarn, boy was I wrong! So today, while we were at walmart couponing, I grabbed not one, but two packs of 16mm (because I couldn't find any 12mm) buttons. One pack is identical to the buttons I first fell in love with, which weren't there when I first bought buttons. I totally didn't even use them either. The other pack I bought, and did use, were black Le Bouton buttons in 16mm. Here's the pack of 16mm brown ones, compared to the 22 mm ones.

   Crazy right? Well, I know you've been dieing to see the baby booties with the buttons on them....


   These are Crocodile Stitch Baby Booties by Bonita Patterns with Le Bouton 16 mm black buttons. And I really think they're adoreable! They are for a barter that I did and I will be shipping them tomorrow. Project Page Well, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment