Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Since I'm Trying to Get Things Off of my Needles....

So, I have been trying to clear off my needles lately so that I can start some more projects. Some things got frogged, or frogged and are being reknit, or even continuing on with old projects. First I'll show you the progress on my Caffe Macchiato socks. These are knit on size 1(2.25mm) needles in Araucania Nuble colorway number 1. I finished the foot of the first sock, and I put it on wast yarn (thread) so that I can work the foot of the second before I start the legs.
   I'm sure you're wondering why I do this, right? Well, to be honest, I could just weigh out two equal balls of yarn. Except for the fact that I don't have batteries in my kitchen scale! So I just knit the feet first. I also might have to get another skein of this yarn.. project page

Caffe Macchiato by Marian Moldan



   Second, I have my oldest little brother's socks. I completed the first sock within 3 days, which was crazy fast for me, then I started the second the next day. These are sport weight socks on size 3(3.25mm) needles, so I get why they're going so fast, but it's still amazing compare to knitting with size 1 needles and light fingering weight yarn.
   This yarn is re-purposed from these socks, and they're working up totally different than the first pair. These have a swirling effect, versus the others which had a striping effect. I have a feeling these will be done soon. project page

   I have started crocheting some more earwarmers for an order, I still have to get buttons and more yarn, but this is what I whipped up last night!


   Okay, so I told you that I may or may not be working on a languishing UFO right? Well, I am! I've picked up the Off-the-Shoulder Pullover for my friend that was started ages ago, and have made significant progress over the last 3 days. Granted, the back is already finished, but I did just cast on the front. This is being knit on size 7(4.5mm) needles in RHSS "Amethyst." project page
   At the rate I'm going, she might just get it for Christmas!


Just keep knitting, just keep knitting...

   I've also done some spinning, which has been very scarce these last couple of weeks, but that's really all I could seem to do today... Until my arms got tired and I brought out the knitting. This is Enchanted Knoll Farm "Queen Mermaid"


Well, that's all of the fiber-y goodness I have for you today, but I'm sure I'll have plenty more progress by Wednesday.... Well, maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment