Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday

   So technically, Wednesday has just begun here in Texas, it's 12:11AM as I'm writing this, but I'm up so I might as well write up my post while I'm thinking about it! I've really only worked on one project this week, two if you count the one I just cast on half an hour ago. So there's not much to show, but I do have other things to talk about! Of course, this is mainly a knitting blog, so knitting first.

   I worked a little bit on Cable Hugger and on Mom's scarf, but an inch or so isn't really worth showing.

   These are the Caffe Macchiato socks by Marian Moldan in Araucania Nuble colorway number 1 on size 1(2.25mm) needles. project page The first photo is of the second toe that I started today, the second photo is a photo I took yesterday... can you tell how much progress was made? The first sock is on waste thread so that after I finish the foot of the second sock, I can make 100% sure that the legs will be the same length. (I really need to get batteries for my kitchen scale...) The toe looks really pointy doesn't it? Well, I cast on 20 st for the toe like I always do, but this particular sock toe turned out super pointy.




   The second socks that I just cast on are a pair of basic stockinette socks for my oldest, younger brother Josh for Christmas. He actually has bigger feet than I do.. I wear a men's US6 (Ladies 7) and he wears a men's US7.5. So I am going to be making socks that are bigger than my own feet! These socks are in Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! "Green Camo Multi" on size 3(3.25mm) needles. project page These socks look familiar you say? Didn't I knit a pair of ginormo socks from this yarn you ask? Why yes I did. And I had no motivation to finish those socks, so I frogged them (With the help of baby brother #3) today. All three of my little brothers love the yarn, so they're destined to be socks for them! This toe looks normal, right? Good. I thought so.


   I do have some spinning this week, but it's hardly any so I didn't bother taking a photo. But in case you're interested, I'm spinning up the rest of Enchanted Knoll Farm "Queen Mermaid" on my drop spindle.

For more WIP Wednesday posts, check out Tami's Amis blog! (Link in sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment